- The next great LNG player 19 October 2020Following recent offshore discoveries, Mozambique holds the third-largest proved natural gas reserves in Africa and could be among the world’s 10 largest exporters of liquefied natural gas (LNG) within a decade. An estimated 100–125 trillion cubic feet of proven natural gas reserves lie in two adjacent blocks, Area 1 and Area 4, in the offshore Rovuma Basin off […]
- The big question: How can we encourage more businesses to export? 19 October 2020Colin Elcoate CEO at Alderley Exporting has been key to the success and longevity of Alderley. One recent example is our investment in Saudi Arabia to grow our international portfolio.
- News and events October 2020 19 October 2020Events EIC LIVE e-vents Since the beginning of March, when many countries faced national lockdowns, the EIC has quickly adapted to change all events from physical to virtual. We have now run more than 80 webinars to an audience of more than 8,000 delegates, with speaker companies including ADNOC, Petrofac, Pale Blue Dot, Saipem, KBR, […]
- EIC Member Focus: McMenon Engineering Service 19 October 2020Can you tell us a little bit about McMenon? McMenon Engineering Services specialises in the design and manufacture of differential pressure flow meters, variable area flow meters and temperature monitoring equipment. We manufacture around 16,000 products a year, which are in service in more than 60 countries. In a joint venture, and with valued support […]
- View from the top: Sir Ian Wood KT GBE, Chair of Opportunity North East 19 October 2020In the current environment, what advice would you give to business leaders trying to survive and grow? The impact of COVID-19 and accompanying fall in commodity prices has had a significant impact on the industry and the global economy, presenting additional challenges for those looking to export. Businesses have demonstrated resilience and adaptability and government […]
The Energy Journal is a publication written by students about current energy affairs. It is published by LSE, Imperial College, UCL and ESCP Energy Societies and is currently the largest student print publication on the energy sector.
Energy Journal was founded in September 2016 at LSE Energy Soc. In September 2017, the Journal moved to Imperial. In September 2018, UCL joined the Journal team and in January 2019, ESCP joined the family.
By combining forces, Energy Journal brings something new to perceptions of the industry. Each university has particular knowledge of the energy sector; when they combine, they broaden their knowledge. It also gives students the chance to connect with like-minded people.
Find out more here.
Nature is a weekly international journal publishing the finest peer-reviewed research in all fields of science and technology on the basis of its originality, importance, interdisciplinary interest, timeliness, accessibility, elegance and surprising conclusions. Nature also provides rapid, authoritative, insightful and arresting news and interpretation of topical and coming trends affecting science, scientists and the wider public.
Nature’s mission statement
First, to serve scientists through prompt publication of significant advances in any branch of science, and to provide a forum for the reporting and discussion of news and issues concerning science. Second, to ensure that the results of science are rapidly disseminated to the public throughout the world, in a fashion that conveys their significance for knowledge, culture and daily life. Nature’s original mission statement was published for the first time on 11 November 1869.
Find out more here.
Physics World represents a key part of IOP Publishing’s mission to communicate world-class research and innovation to the widest possible audience.
Physics World helps scientists working in academic and industrial research stay up to date with the latest breakthroughs in physics and interdisciplinary science. The publication provides an international readership with a unique mix of daily news, opinion and analysis from an award-winning team of science writers and editors.
Find out more here.